Join now - be part of our community!

formating my laptop AR15j

i6q
Visitor

formating my laptop AR15j

i have formatted my laptop. i put vista unlimeted on it. i downloaded a program from this site,to update my laptop,but i cannot set it up. i also cannot control the light settings on the screen. am i currently finding it too bright. pease reply on how i may resolve these isues
thank you

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi i6q and welcome.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "I can't set it up".

You need to reinstall the 'Original Drivers Package' and the 'Original Utilities Package' that were preinstalled on your AR51J to get everything to work properly.

Although the Drivers are available for download here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-AR&m=2875

there are no Utilities available. You may find these on your Recovery Discs (if you made them) but if not, you will have to wait until Sony make them available for download. I don't think the Utilities for the AR41-Series work properly for the AR51-Series.

:slight_frown:

i6q
Visitor

sorry i will make myself clear. i formatted windows on my laptop.and now the controls like the eject button do not work and when i downloaded what you suggested it came up with an error when i tried to install it. please reply if you can help me. and thank you for welcoming me

i6q
Visitor

no any help

:slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi i6q

Download the Original Utilities Package, using this link: Original Utilities

Once downloaded extract the files and install the utilities in the following order

1 SonyUtils DLL
2 Sony Shared Library
3 Vaio Event Service
4 Setting Utility Series

You may need to install the files more than once. :wink: