Join now - be part of our community!

Formatting Without Installing Add On's

Jonny_D_1987
Visitor

Formatting Without Installing Add On's

hey guys, just got a lovely vaio yesterday and love it 😄 but i am not happy with all this useless software they have installed 😞 so i am trying to format without installing any of this..... how can i preform a clean install without installing any of this useless software, and only install xp?

thanxs alot guys

jonathan daly

😄

73 REPLIES 73
theboykidney
Visitor

No, Im running Vista, but all the help info seems to be based on XP :slight_frown:

I suppose thats why the VARU file isnt there...

corekiller
Visitor

Indeed,

Is there a possibility that this also can be done
voor de Vista version

thx

V1nay
Visitor

Hi there, I really need help with my friends vaio as it had been formatted, now the notebook does not power off when shutting down, it jus freezes on the blue screen before it powers off. You have to hold down the power key to manually turn it off.

Also, the bluetooth has stopped working. We can not install the driver because it can not detect the bluetooth hardware.

Any ideas people?

kelt
Visitor

No, Im running Vista, but all the help info seems to be based on XP  :slight_frown: 

I've got the same problem under vista but ive found a solution, it worked for me:

-when you try to make the clean install with the recovery dvds dont insert the second one when you get asked for it (as described in the XP help-infos)
-next time when you boot up your system you have to go to the scheduled tasks (under system programs if i remember it well). there you have to delete the "VARU-task"

this procedure should work to avoid future messages caused by the sony-varu-routine.

hth and good luck :slight_smile:

theboykidney
Visitor

No, Im running Vista, but all the help info seems to be based on XP  :slight_frown: 

I've got the same problem under vista but ive found a solution, it worked for me:

-when you try to make the clean install with the recovery dvds dont insert the second one when you get asked for it (as described in the XP help-infos)
-next time when you boot up your system you have to go to the scheduled tasks (under system programs if i remember it well). there you have to delete the "VARU-task"

this procedure should work to avoid future messages caused by the sony-varu-routine.

hth and good luck :slight_smile:

Hi kelt,

good to know, Im going to try it later.

Does this method *just* install the OS or does it install all the relevant drivers for the VAIO as well, leaving out all the trial apps?

Cheers, TBK

kelt
Visitor

Hi TBK.

No..all divers are installed.. ive got no problem with any device. the only thing is that norton antivir was on the system so i had to uninstall it. But hey.. ive got a nearly clean system and it took me only two hours.

hth & gl :slight_smile:
kelt

avalon1860
Visitor

hi all, does this procedure work for winXP http://www.myplc.com/sony/sony_apps.htm ?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

hi all, does this procedure work for winXP http://www.myplc.com/sony/sony_apps.htm  ?

Hi avalon1860

Yes that procedure should work as long as you have .pac files on your application disc's.. :wink:

santacrus
Visitor

Hi all
First of all excuse my bad english I'm french

My VAIO is a VGN AR 11B,I use Windows XP and like theboykidney,VARU.exe isn't in the statup.
Thalamus, I saw your answer saying "startup tab then the program should not run at startup".
I'm don't know what you mean, could you tell me more?

Thanks for your help

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all
First of all excuse my bad english I'm french

My VAIO is a VGN AR 11B,I use Windows XP and like theboykidney,VARU.exe isn't in the statup.
Thalamus, I saw your answer saying "startup tab then the program should not run at startup".
I'm don't know what you mean, could you tell me more?

Thanks for your help

Hi santacrus

welcome to Club Vaio..

Go to Start, click on Run and enter MSCONFIG. A System Configuartation Window should open, click the Startup tab and deselect VARU.exe, then click Apply and OK..

A message will then pop informing you that you must restart your computer before these changes will take effect. Click Yes and your computer will automatically reboot.

Once you reboot into Windows and pop-up should appear click to select Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows start check box, and then click OK

Hopefully you should not see the Application Recovery prompt again...