Join now - be part of our community!

FS315E Mouse

jonsey120165
Visitor

FS315E Mouse

I think (I have) deleted the Sony mouse software off my laptop after getting carried away while removing unwanted trial software. I've just got the standard Microsoft software loaded that doesn't allow me the full functionality. Anyway to get it back without going through a restore from the back up CDs I made when I first got it.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jonsey120165

Goto Device Manager, double click Mouse and Other Pointing Devices.

Then right click once on the installed mouse and select properties.

Select the 'Driver' tab and click on Update driver.

A new Hardware Update Window will appear, select Install from a list or specific location (advanced) and click next

The window now changes select 'Don't search I will choose the driver to install' and click next.

If 'Alps Pointing-device' (possibly Alps Pointing-device for Vaio) appears in the new window, select it and click next.. (if the 'Alps Pointing-device' does not appear in the list remove the tick from 'Show Compatible Hardware' and select Alps Electric from the Manufacturer column then 'Alps Pointing-device' (possibly Alps Pointing-device for Vaio) from the model column and then click next.

Wait for the driver to install then click Finish, a System Settings Change window should now appear prompting you to Resart your Computer and click Yes to restart.....:smileyhappy:

jonsey120165
Visitor

Thanks, I had stopped it running in msconfig while I was testing something else (silly me).

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Your welcome, hehe glad it sorted now..:smileyhappy: