Join now - be part of our community!

Fullscreen in text/dos mode applications...

pitoko
Visitor

Fullscreen in text/dos mode applications...

Hi everybody.

I have notebook sony vaio VFN-FS115B. This is widescreen notebook. When i'm opening text-mode applications in full screen (so for example after pressing alt+enter in windows console screen) only less part of screen is used 😞 I have big unused space around... What can i do to use ALL the screen in this mode? Even, if screen will be expanded, because of another screen dimensions in widescreen laptops. My friend also have widescreen laptop (not sony) and dos-text-mode applications use all screen to draw letters.

Thanks for the help!

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Right click the top of the window and select properties

pitoko
Visitor

Right click the top of the window and select properties

Unfortunately this is not what i wanted to repair.
But thanks for trying me help!

This is my laptop. I've made a photo of working in "dos/text mode" (edit.exe in fullscreen, the same is in another text/dos applications)
The problem is: Why i have big black frames around! Why my workspace is very small?

robpaxton
Explorer

Kee-Lo's solution looks like the right one. If you do what he says in his post then the DOS shell should run fullscreen. Also make sure that Windows graphics resolution is set to the native resolution of your display.

kee-lo_

Ahh good old Turbo Pascal

pitoko
Visitor

Kee-Lo's solution looks like the right one.  If you do what he says in his post then the DOS shell should run fullscreen.  Also make sure that Windows graphics resolution is set to the native resolution of your display.

Unfortunately this don't work 😞 I still have black frames around. I have try so many times, and i cannot get this to work...

Ahh good old Turbo Pascal

No, good 32bit assembly code :tongue:

skykit84
New

Do you run the program via a shortcut or via command prompt?
If short cut, try this:-

right click on the shortcut>Properties
and then do what Keelo said within that window

I just tried it and it works fine here

pitoko
Visitor

Do you run the program via a shortcut or via command prompt?
If short cut, try this:-

right click on the shortcut>Properties
and then do what Keelo said within that window

I just tried it and it works fine here

No this don't work. I've try to run the program via a shortcut and via command prompt, but this don't work. I've also try Keelo trick.

I suspect you don't understand me :cry: I've fullscreen.... but, why there is unused space around? This error occur only in text-mode applications. Here is modified photo:

kee-lo_

On the GRX 9and yes I know, it's 4 years ago) there used to be a setting where you could use the whole screen for DOS

pitoko
Visitor

On the GRX 9and yes I know, it's 4 years ago) there used to be a setting where you could use the whole screen for DOS

Sorry, i don't understand, can you write sth more? Greets for your help!