Join now - be part of our community!

Fullscreen in text/dos mode applications...

pitoko
Visitor

Fullscreen in text/dos mode applications...

Hi everybody.

I have notebook sony vaio VFN-FS115B. This is widescreen notebook. When i'm opening text-mode applications in full screen (so for example after pressing alt+enter in windows console screen) only less part of screen is used 😞 I have big unused space around... What can i do to use ALL the screen in this mode? Even, if screen will be expanded, because of another screen dimensions in widescreen laptops. My friend also have widescreen laptop (not sony) and dos-text-mode applications use all screen to draw letters.

Thanks for the help!

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

When you VAIO is turned on press F2, now it was in the first page on the GRX, not sure if they've taken it away - it says "make screen fit display" and it's toggles yes or no

pitoko
Visitor

When you VAIO is turned on press F2, now it was in the first page on the GRX, not sure if they've taken it away - it says "make screen fit display" and it's toggles yes or no

After pressing F2 when PC starts, it opens me bios configuration menu.
I can change here only: system time, system date, network boot, show vaio animation logo, speaker volume, hotkey event code, set machine password, set user password, password when power on, boot options and nothing else. I don't see GRX options 😞 I'm sure my bios is up to date, because i was installing new version from vaio site few days ago. Any help, how can i make screen fit display? I really need this option 😞

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Referring to Kee-Lo’s first post in this thread, have you tried adjusting the Window Size on the Layout Tab? - assuming that this option is available....

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
pitoko
Visitor

Referring to Kee-Lo’s first post in this thread, have you tried adjusting the Window Size on the Layout Tab? - assuming that this option is available....

Yes, i have try.... but i want to have whole screen fullscreen dos mode... 😞 I suppose, this is impossible in my laptop?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

( I suppose, this is impossible in my laptop?

Possibly, but you should still be able to achieve a large screen view such as this:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
pitoko
Visitor

( I suppose, this is impossible in my laptop?

Possibly, but you should still be able to achieve a large screen view

Now i can work using large screen view, but on the next semester of my computer science university each student will have to write small operating system. The common display interface here is old dos textmode or graphical 13h (320*200 resolution). So i need an option to "make screen fit display"! Otherwise i have to use my old pc or buy external monitor 😞 😕

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

the screen should easily fit the criteria of your course work - plus it'll make it easier for you to make screenshots for your write up.