Join now - be part of our community!

FW21L not booting up, help :(

gdog
Visitor

FW21L not booting up, help :(

Hi my sony vaio fw21l will not boot up, I have only had it for 9 days, as the windows recovery mode tries to load, it freezes up and windows in normal mode the screen just goes blank.

No recovery discs were made as was going to do it today after work. Have unplugged it, taken the battery out, then replaced everything...still the same result

Be very grateful for all help.

8 REPLIES 8
gdog
Visitor

Now trying to do a Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool page, and running test, frozen at 46% test 1 of 2, overall status 23%

:slight_frown:

Edit:

Had to shutdown and restard as nothing was happening. Unplugged the laptop and removed battery, held the power on button for 30 secs, reconnected everything and still the same. The harddrive light stops flashing after a while and the whole microsoft loading freezes along with the laptop

gdog
Visitor

managed to get into system restore in safe mode, restord point to 5 days ago, still same problem when trying to boot up

help a newbie anyone?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi g dog,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Try recovering your Vaio back to the original factory state just as it was when you first used your Vaio.

To do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press F10 repeatedly this normally would start the recovery process..

gdog
Visitor

Hi g dog,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Try recovering your Vaio back to the original factory state just as it was when you first used your Vaio.

To do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press F10 repeatedly this normally would start the recovery process..

Thanks for the reply, am doing that now, just got the following on the screen:

Edit Boot Options

Edit Windows boot options for: Start VAIO Recovery Center

Path: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

[ /DETECTHAL /MININT RDIMAGEOFFSET=8192 RDIMAGELENGTH=3161088 RDPATH=mult
i(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\SOURCES\vrc.wim

I press ENTER to submit, but it just freezes up a few seconds later whilst trying to load, and the hard drive light stops flickering

What do i do now?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi g dog,

I suggest you either contact Sony Vaio support on Monday, you can do this either by phone (Mon -Fri) or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

Or

return your Vaio back to the retailer and request it be exchange for another one.. :slight_frown:

gdog
Visitor

Hi g dog,

I suggest you either contact Sony Vaio support on Monday, you can do this either by phone (Mon -Fri) or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

Or

return your Vaio back to the retailer and request it be exchange for another one.. :slight_frown:

Thanks for your time, I will try via e-Support, failing that it's back to curry's, but they have no more Sony Vaio FW21L left in their inventory...nationally :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, hope all goes well.. :four_leaf_clover:

gdog
Visitor

I get a blue screen with white words

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x1918D994, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x829598BB)

Does this mean anything to anyone?