Join now - be part of our community!

FZ-11M DOWNGRADE TO WINDOWS XP

dalailamas
Visitor

FZ-11M DOWNGRADE TO WINDOWS XP

I`m trying to install windows xp in my notebook just because i don`t like vista,but when when i start doing and just before the setup screen i have a message that there isn`t any hard disk located in my system.Have you any idea what the the problem is????

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi dalailamas and welcome to Club Vaio.

You have a SATA hard drive so you will have to load the SATA drivers during the XP installation from a floppy USB drive or include them in a nLite Slipstreamed installation. This is the same as for any computer with a SATA hard drive.

Download the XP Drivers for the FZ-Series from here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/OS/XPDOWNGRADE/FZ19/DRIVERS

Extract the SATA Driver by right-clicking on the .zip file and choosing "Extract All"
Copy the SATA driver to a floppy (1.44MB) Disc connected by USB to your Vaio.

During the XP Install, press F6 when you see the 'Welcome to Setup' screen and this will load the drivers and allow your hard drive to be recognised by the installer.

Try Googling for nLite as an alternative.

There are very few threads here because the Utilities are not available for the FZ_Series so you will not have a fully working computer with XP.

:wink:

stavrosxar
Visitor

Please let us know if that worked for you , because i want to downgrade to XP and i have the same model as you do

mavericke2007
Visitor

Hi dalailamas and welcome to Club Vaio.

You have a SATA hard drive so you will have to load the SATA drivers during the XP installation from a floppy USB drive or include them in a nLite Slipstreamed installation. This is the same as for any computer with a SATA hard drive.

Download the XP Drivers for the FZ-Series from here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/OS/XPDOWNGRADE/FZ19/DRIVERS

Extract the SATA Driver by right-clicking on the .zip file and choosing "Extract All"
Copy the SATA driver to a floppy (1.44MB) Disc connected by USB to your Vaio.

During the XP Install, press F6 when you see the 'Welcome to Setup' screen and this will load the drivers and allow your hard drive to be recognised by the installer.

Try Googling for nLite as an alternative.

There are very few threads here because the Utilities are not available for the FZ_Series so you will not have a fully working computer with XP.

:wink:

Hi there. I have tried but I could not get many of the drivers working. I am using a FZ-21Z by the way. Windows XP worked fine but not for the many drivers. Pleae help!

Twinklesony
Visitor

Hi guys

I bought a VGN-FZ11M as well and downgraded from Vista to XP Pro. It took a time to look for the drivers and get XP to work properly. This and other related threads were a big help in getting the required info, which I must add all worked fine, eventually apart from a couple. If everyone complained to Sony maybe they would be forced to create specific drivers for this model. The couple of items not working, which I would appreciate some help with are, 1) The motion eye web cam, which does not seem to work with its driver(vccg4). 2) When head phones are inserted, the sound driver does not transfer the sound completely to the headphones. Instead the sound is played through both simultaneously. 3) No volume bar appearing on screen when using the volume up/down button. 4) Driver not allowing machine to go into standby.

Please help with any ideas and drivers

Thanks in advance.