Join now - be part of our community!

FZ11M Downgrade to XP - Drivers Coming Soon

rossfleming
Visitor

FZ11M Downgrade to XP - Drivers Coming Soon

I emailed Support on the question of downgrading to XP on my recently bought FZ11M,

Dear xxxx xxxxxxx, 

Thank you for contacting us. At present we are working on getting all the correct XP drivers ready. In the very near future it will be possible to downgrade from Vista to XP. We would advise you to wait tell all these drivers have been developed and tested for you own benefit. Please check for these drivers on www.vaio-link.com in the driver and updates section. Then chose your model and the option Windows XP Downgrade, fill in the details and the drivers should appear.

Regards,
Robert,
Sony Esupport Team.

7 REPLIES 7
THINK2k
Visitor

I´ve got an answer from the e-support today.

Which is true?!

*** NOTES 13-Aug-2007 Action Type: Info
Dear Sir/Madam

Unfortunately XP drivers for those systems will not be released. The system was designed for windows vista in mind not XP.

Thank you for contacting us

Rgds
Brian
Sony Vaio team

profile.country.en_GB.title
jesnche
Visitor

If Sony has offer the XP drivers for VGN-FZ19 I think that, in this moment, the only way to obtain this drivers is that all clients with a laptop FZ send mails to request this drivers.

All clients have the same rights. When you read that Sony offers, today, here , XP drivers for VGN-FZ19 and Sony write

"As SONY considers customer satisfaction of paramount importance, we have decided to provide you with a number of drivers and / or utilities in case you wish to downgrade the original Windows Vista™ Operating System to Windows XP™ Professional SP2."

And you have other FZ laptop, the only thing that we can think is that Sony doesn't take care of all your clients, and our satisfaction is not important for Sony. Why only Sony offers XP drivers for VGN-FZ19? It's sad.

It's incredible!!! XP Drivers for all FZ Serie, we should request this drivers to Sony, we also are sony clients!

t_rooper
Visitor

I need those drivers, cause i couldn't start my programms with vista.
Can we do anything to recieve the drivers for xp? i know that my notebook was designed for vista but i thought that xp also would work.
So please Sony make drivers for xp, i and i think many others need them.

Geoff_33
Visitor

For the FE41 series, they told me we have to be use to have Vista and that they will not give develop the XP drivers.

geodga
Visitor

Hello!

I have VGN-FZ11M and i made a downgrade to XP, but :)... no drivers.
After more searches i configured all except the sound, but i'll try to find a solution if THE BIG sony doesn't offer suport. "The system was designed for windows vista in mind not XP".
I don't care what was in theyr minds. :slight_smile: I want my aplication to work better.

So. this is!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi geodga and welcome.

Unfortunately as far as I know there are no plans to release a Utility Package for any of the FZ-Series. Drivers are available for the FZ19 and FZ29 and many of these drivers will work with other FZ models but there are no plans to release specific packages for other FZ Vaios.

Have you installed the UAA High Definition Sound Driver? - XP cannot support HiFi and needs this to recognise a HiDef soundcard before you can install the Realtec driver.

Run the attached .exe file to install KB835221

SIMON5080
Visitor

Hello!

I have VGN-FZ11M and i made a downgrade to XP, but :)... no drivers.
After more searches i configured all except the sound, but i'll try to find a solution if THE BIG sony doesn't offer suport. "The system was designed for windows vista in mind not XP".
I don't care what was in theyr minds. :slight_smile: I want my aplication to work better.

So. this is!

Does this mean you have the FN keys to work including Brightness Controls. If so which package did you use?