Join now - be part of our community!

FZ21 Drivers

maishan
New

FZ21 Drivers

Does anyone have any ideas as to when sony will post the FZ21 series preinstalled drivers on their support page?

cheers

32 REPLIES 32
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Lydecker,

I can't answer your question at the moment but you should find, on your Vaio, a copy of the pre-installed drivers in C:\Drivers.. :wink:

maishan
New

Whoops that folders already a gonner. I did the 3 DVD system/app backup before formating but the new sony application/driver reinstall that those DVD's present me is possible the worst one sonys come up with yet. Not only does it take a good 15 minutes just to reinstall 1 driver from it's menu, but it is laden with drivers not even relivent to my fz21 and none of the shared dll/ shared video libraries / web cam driver / more even work on my laptop!

Admitily it is fine if I do a factory reset, but that's obviously not what i want.

Will be happier when I can grab the individual driver.

Cheers!

maishan
New

Oh hold on - If i use those slow as pain in the ass backup dvds to restore my C drive to fatory default - maybe it will recreate the drivers directory on the d drive and I can grab them from there..... not sure if that directory will also have the shared dll installer though, but I'll give it a whirl.... cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Lydecker,

sorry missed your earlier reply.. :smileyblush:

A time consuming solution but yes using the recovery disc's to restore your Vaio would replace the drivers folder..

However you could download and try the FZ11 pre-installed drivers and utilities..

FZ11 drivers

FZ11 utilities

maishan
New

yuk - unfortunatly the FZ21 c drive does NOT come with a drivers directory by factory default. :o(

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

How strange.. :thinking:

The folder containing the drivers appears on the C drive of both my XP and Vista Vaio's after restoring using the the Vaio Recovery utility..

maishan
New

Heya, with my other vaio it does to. Perhaps sony have done away with it for the latest release of laptop (the 21 series) as they have this new 'fancy' application/driver recovery software...?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Lydecker,

hopefully the Original Drivers Package for the FZ21 series should be available to download, via Vaio-Link , some time next week.. :wink:

profile.country.it_IT.title
papizza6648
Visitor

I had the same problem @ 1st restore. Drivers you find on recovery dvds work only with vista. The strange things is that when you restore your system with Vaio Recovery Center this last application does not see hdd drivers. Btw this is not really a problem as just clicking "next" the installation program goes on. Once Vista is installed you can find your drivers in the right folder.

4 other OS just have to wait for the "official" drivers...