Join now - be part of our community!

FZ21 Drivers

maishan
New

FZ21 Drivers

Does anyone have any ideas as to when sony will post the FZ21 series preinstalled drivers on their support page?

cheers

32 REPLIES 32
_Luca_
Visitor

i'm really messed up with this story... it's unbelievable that i can't install what I want on my laptop, but i've to keep that lame install full of garbage...

oh, i've another question: if I (in a less and less likely future...) find out the way to get a clean install, is it possible to save the new system configuration updating the recovery partition?

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

is it possible to save the new system configuration updating the recovery partition?

No that is not possible.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Lydecker,

hopefully the Original Drivers Package for the FZ21 series should be available to download, via Vaio-Link , some time next week.. :wink:

Hi all

Sorry for the delay I have asked Sony for an update on when the Drivers and Utilities will be available to download.. :thinking:

maishan
New

Many thanks for chasing this up

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

yuk - unfortunatly the FZ21 c drive does NOT come with a drivers directory by factory default. :o(

Hi Lydecker,

Apparently since the release of the new version Vaio Recover utility the drivers location has changed from C:\Drivers to c:\windows\drivers.. :wink:

I've also been informed that the drivers should be uploaded in the next few days or so..

profile.country.de_DE.title
Ken.Arts
Visitor

hello, i have the same problem.
hope my english ist not too bad :slight_smile:
i have a brand new fz21s. for work i need vista business but after i installed it, it wont work well because the drivers dont seem to work properly.
the keys for setting the display brightness dont work. neither does the key for switching the monitor (F7). he S button, the av mode button - nothing works. even the webcam doesnt.

that is such a crap. how can there be drivers in the c:\windows\drivers directory that dont work?!

sony doesnt seem to upload the drivers and tools package yet 😞

maishan
New

I can confirm that this directory does exist in the windows folder, however unfortunatly it dosnt have any of the shared libraries/dlls :o(

but thanks for the info - it's usfull to know where sony are bungging the drivers now by default! Cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi promexx.

It is not the drivers that control the functions you have missing. The drivers are probably all working OK. It is the Sony Utilities that will control your special and Fn keys, camera etc.

Although we have been informed that the Drivers will be available for download over the next few days, there does not seem to be a date for the Utilities to be available for download.

Unfortunately, you will have to wait for these Utilities to be released.

I could suggest you try the FZ11 Utilities - but the fact that the FZ21 Utilities are not ready yet implies that they may not work properly.

:slight_frown:

maishan
New

Drivers are now online (which is just the windows/drivers folder put in a zip for download) however no utilities package yet. Oh and there is no windown/utilities or similar folder on the c drive after factory reinstall.

The FZ11 utilities do not work for most of the functuality of the FZ21.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Drivers are now online (which is just the windows/drivers folder put in a zip for download) however no utilities package yet.

Hi Lydecker

Thanks for letting us know that the drivers are available..

Unfortunately though Sony do not seem to have a date for when the the Utilities will be available for download... :slight_frown: