Join now - be part of our community!

Graphic Problem : Any Game Freeze

kerian
Visitor

Graphic Problem : Any Game Freeze

hi !

i have a Big big probleme with my rs-702 (bought 2 weeks ago)

Morrowind, Doom3, Command and conquer, .....
Those game freeze 2 min after the game begin.

I've re'installed the machine with the Vaio dvd, then install doom 3, and 2 min after the game freeze directly. it's all the same for all game. all but CounterStrike ?!!!?!...

I did'nt modify any parameters on any hardware or software.

so, i tried the official catalyst drivers... same...

some application hangs too. when i try to launch photoshop 8 cs it's says "Application couldn't initialize correctly". like sisoft sandra.

did someone have an idea on what's happening to my vaio ?...bouh..

11 REPLIES 11
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi Kerian

Have a look on Vaio-Link for any updates for photoshop.

I had similar problems with Doom 3. I managed to get the game to work by turning off the shadows and special effects etc. Look under options.
It didn't totally fix the problem though so I updated my graphics driver from the ATI site and that fixed the problem. The PC still hangs at times though.

Some people have recommended Omega Drivers. I haven't used them so can't comment though.

I'm sure someone will confirm whether or not you can use them.

Akanksha
Visitor

the last time i had such a problem, they asked me re-install/update the graphic drivers!
If that doesn't work well, then u may want to ctrl+alt+del once the games freeze and wait for windows to respond, this may be an endless wait, but once u have got the message, u can refer to the windows website, or even if after a long time u will power down the computer and restart the windows will give a message that system has recovered from a serious error report, say yes to that and wait for the response, it may help, notice I said it MAY help!:smileygrin:
Good luck!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The problem with Photoshop can be fixed with the SonicStage Mastering Studio Patch

kerian
Visitor

thanks for help, but can't understand if sony is blind, because it's pretty cool hardware, but some hardware is non-offical (maybe the hard drive/ram), like the motherboard, an hybrid p4p800 without sata, and a non intel really know chipset...

I'm very sorry that they spend more money on the desiganl aspect of the computer....

Well, i'm trying the omega drivers. i'll tell you what.

kerian
Visitor

and i have the same kind of message with the ATI Catalyst Control Center that with photoshop... awfull...

kerian
Visitor

WELL !

I think i have fixed the bug !

i'll try the omega drivers, and it work very very fine, the difference is that it seems AGP fastwrite is badly supported by my ATI9600.
So it's off by defaut with omega drivers.

that's all folks.

ps : i don't try to see if the official or sony ati drivers have the agp fastwrite on yet (wanna play a bit tonight), but after i'm sure it work with the omega, i test those drivers

VAIO RS-702 ATI9600

TygerTyger
Visitor

Fastwrite isn't supposed to be turned on unless you have a 9800 or better.

Giganto
Visitor

I had then same problem with mine, but only after I updated my graphics card.

For some reason this pc didnt like me updating it, lmao.

I had to update the graphics drivers one at a time and now ( touch wood ) it doesnt d that anymore.

Jim

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

kerian, you do make a good point, sometimes it feels like we're paying for design not parts !