Join now - be part of our community!

Graphic problem

Benjamin
Visitor

Graphic problem

hello!!

Once again i'm in trouble, and i count on you to get me out of this situation...
When i play several games, like recent ones, objects like characters, vehicles are pink coloured...Kinda graphic card problem i guess.
Could anyone please help me to get rid of that problem?

My config:
PCG K215M
512mo ddr
ATI radeon IGP 345M

19 REPLIES 19
nick_pan
Visitor

sorry pointless to continue this but im almost positive its F9

TygerTyger
Visitor

LOL. I guess it really does depends on the bios.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yes they all use different ones.

Benjamin
Visitor

lol ok so i'll just sit down on my keyboard and wait 'til something happens
My problem is solved...I merely put the graphic settings to the lowest level!!! :smileyblush: It's a shame, i should have tried it first, but you know what it is, when a game crashes while you spent lot of money in it, well panic prevails on everything!:smileygrin:
But i've got another question: will adding some ddr allow me to raise a little bit the graphic settings level?

i hope one day they'll create plug and play videocards, just to boost those who are stuck on the side of gaming road...
:cry:

TygerTyger
Visitor

Or USB graphics cards.....I would certainly welcome an external graphics card of some kind. Adding more DDR will increase the performance of most things so yes, although at what point your troubles will start again is very hard to judge.

nick_pan
Visitor

Adding more ram, to say 1024mb will allow you to up the memory of your graphics card to 128mb. However, you won't get such an increase in graphical performance because the actual chipset itself doesnt support modern day games and their graphics technologies, ie advanced shaders etc.

As for external graphics cards, sorry guys but not this century. Gfx cards need to be on the mobo where there is maximum bandwidth allowing huge gigs of graphical data to be processed and rendered in no time.. Firewire is what 480mb/s? enough for an external soundcard but a fraction of what a powerful graphics card will need...

the only slight external resemblence we'll see of gfx cards is them needing an AC adapter tho theyll still be on the motherboard..theyre getting that power hungry!

TygerTyger
Visitor

Hey I would welcome an external graphics card with an AC power supply, as long as it wasn't much more expensive. Certainly would do wonders for us laptoppers. I'll start my designs tomorrow :wink:

nick_pan
Visitor

the ac adapter will plug into the back of the pc..like your other ac for the pc..

laptops would take over if ext gfx cards we around..

we'd all get a nice slim and light 2ghz centrino which was ultra portable with about 512mb of ram..great for work etc

and when at home, we'd plug in our 6800GT ext gfx card and sound blaster audigy external sound card..and hey presto, a portable yet ultra powerful notebook..

Desktop out the window sorta thing

but nope. never gonna happen :slight_frown:

Benjamin
Visitor

why don't we create a "dreamer's room"?
I think we're gonna make those who seek anwers for graphical problems confuse with our theories on what computer engineering will be tomorrow!
Sorry for having launched such an idea!but seems it found an echo ...thx for the technical stuff about video cards, i didn't know about it

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

As for external graphics cards, sorry guys but not this century. Gfx cards need to be on the mobo where there is maximum bandwidth allowing huge gigs of graphical data to be processed and rendered in no time.. Firewire is what 480mb/s? enough for an external soundcard but a fraction of what a powerful graphics card will need...

I have to agree with Nick, this is just a pipe dream and probably won't happen for ages.