Join now - be part of our community!

GRT715M keeps shutting down

BobGillespie
Visitor

GRT715M keeps shutting down

Hi Everybody any help you could give me about the following problem would be greatly appreciated.

The problem is that my computer keeps shutting down for no reason what so ever. It seems to occur when i'm on certain websites like miniclip.com or ones that need shockwave software to play games. It might not be that but it seems to occur more often when i'm playing games on that website. Windows doesn't display any messages or anything my screen just goes blank and the computer dies. It doesn't restart it just turns off, no shutdown or anything quite strange. This is beggining to get really annoying and i'm stuck for any solution.
If anybody has experienced any similar problems and has found a solution could you please let me know.

I've been looking round other websites and i think it might be something to do with the virtual memory, if i change this will the problem go away or am I barking up the wrong tree.

Thank you in advance

Bob

P.S
I use a sony Vaio laptop GRT715M
Pentium 4 - 2.8Ghz, 512 mb Ram
which runs Windows XP SP2
And the problem occurs in both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
:thinking:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

I would check the system for Spyware and Viruses.
I you think the problem is the virtual memory, then delete the swap file. Reboot the system and make a new swap file on the HDD.

HTH

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Could be overheating, this happens with the GRT series and compressed air on the vents will help it.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

good point