Join now - be part of our community!

Harddrive probs!

TaceN
Visitor

Harddrive probs!

Hey!

Well, doesn't seem like a problem maybe couse the computer is working free from problems when running. The thing is that the harddrive is making a low but instinct sound. This happends all the time with an almost even interval.

I've done harddrive tests with including vaio applications but no errors are known.

Just don't make sense for me. I mean, should the harddrive be "clicking" like the "search arm" was hitting the wall inside. :thinking: I've just had the computer for about two weeks! Quite annoying!

Maybe there's someone there who wants to answer!

thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
jo1963
Visitor

i'm not very good at computers n i don't know exactly what to be done but i suppose u should go back to your revendor or download the original hardware from the site

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi TacN, Hi Jo1963, welcome to Club Vaio.

You don't say what model you have but have you looked through this LONG THREAD ?

:thinking:

TaceN
Visitor

Hey!

Sorry about that .. I have a FE21M .. and I've just read a lot about the same problem here on the forum .. and it seem that I'm not the only one having this kind of problem.

I just listen to a soundclip that sounds exactly like my sound!

annoying! =(

TaceN
Visitor

This is a really strange thing!

I was tryin to record my sound like the other guys did. But as soon as I press record in my record program the clicksound just dissapears.

Apparently the sound only appears when the computer is NOT working. But the sound that the other guys had recorded sounds much like mine.

The sound clicks about every 25 second. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later. Right now when I'm writing this it clicks more often!

I've called Sony about the problem but they were going to call me back. They seem to have a lot to do! 😃

So, do you have any einstain expertice ?! :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi TaceN,

I have deleted the other thread - and I think this topic should be in the Notebooks Section.

Do you mind if I move it - you will get a better response in the right place !

:slight_smile:

EDIT: Like the new Avatar !

:smileygrin:

TaceN
Visitor

Of course!

That sounds much better mate!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi TaceN,

I have deleted the other thread - and I think this topic should be in the Notebooks Section.

Do you mind if I move it - you will get a better response in the right place !

Haha Blencogo's got the Kee-Lo bug

TaceN
Visitor

hehe!

So, do you maybe not the answer of my problem?

I've been researching a little bit. And, is it true that IBM sold their harddrive production to Fijutsi?

I think that all know that IBM has problem, big time with their harddrives. And if they sold the whole thing to Fijutsi maybe the problems are still running..

Should I turn my laptop in for a harddisc change?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you are worried, I would open a case with VAIO-LINK e-support and see what they suggest.

:wink: