Join now - be part of our community!

HARDWARE upgrade Advise/help

Philippoussis
Visitor

HARDWARE upgrade Advise/help

i have a sony vaio vgn-fj1s
and i want to make it faster i already bought extra memory but how can i make it by hardware upgrades more faster,

can i buy for example another processor? and will it make the computer really much faster, and can you tell me which processor i need etc..

or are the other hardware components that i can buy which make the computer faster,

*** does any one also maybe knows how to make it faster by editing register, or software etc..

thank you very much

3 REPLIES 3
William
Visitor

A 7200RPM HDD upgrade is the most noticeable speed improvement you could make.

BartK
Visitor

HDD upgrade is indeed a great and still managable start.
CPU upgrade I would not recommend, can be that the mainboard/cooling cannot handle this --> damage to the mainboard, burning smell, unit shutting down etc...
In anyu case, be carefull with what you do since you in theory lose all warranty when you start opening the Vaio yourself...

Philippoussis
Visitor

thank you very much, i boughn a 7200 rpm hard disk but the problem is that i dont have the vaio launcher and all the utilities that i have with the hard drive that came with the vaio don't work on the 7200 rpm and i like these to keep working.

I am now using the 7200 rpm as an external hard drive i bought a ez upgrade kit for it...