Join now - be part of our community!

HAS THE BX196 SERIES BEEN DISCONTINUED?

snubnog
Visitor

HAS THE BX196 SERIES BEEN DISCONTINUED?

Hello everybody!

I'm currently using a PCG-GRT916Z. Our Company has an account at PC World here in the UK and I'm due for an upgrade at the end of this month (this happens every two years for each of our units under our rental agreement).

I'd decided to go for the BX196SP but having looked at the PC World Business website and subsequently spoken to them today, I've been told that model is no longer available:

http://www.pcwb.com/catalogue/item/sonb0107

Does anyone know if this line has been discontinued? I'm confused because the BX195 series is still available but they don't have a widescreen (which I really fancied).

I've also noticed that a BX197XP has appeared at twice the price. But apart from the price problem it also has a 17" monitor which has caused me serious problems with battery power on the GRT-916Z that I currently own. Does anyone know if this BX197 line will be extended to include some models with a smaller screen and price?

I've also noticed that Sony Style is still carrying the BX196SP but that's not much good to me unfortunately because our Account is with PC World.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13
Kris1990
Visitor

i am not sure. but it is a nice laptop:smileycool:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi snubnog,

Welcome to the forum,:smileyhappy:

The BX196SP seems to be available in several online retailers for example Savastore state that they will have 272 units in 2-5 days and Ebuyer state 122 units available now.

Also Sony-Style list the BX196SP as available, so I'm guessing that PC world do not carry this model due to range restrictions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It's definately not discontinued.

snubnog
Visitor

Thanks for your help guys.

PC World used to carry it literally a month ago, so if it's a restriction it must have only recently been applied. I just assumed it had been discontinued.

Well if it hasn't been discontinued, I'll go and hound them to get some in for me. LOL

Thanks again for your help!!! It's really appreciated!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

PC world may have some in other branches, ask your local branch to check stock availability or phone 0870 2420 444 yourself.

Good luck, :slight_smile:

kee-lo_

Or drive down to Watford and get it at Savastore for less.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Or drive down to Watford and get it at Savastore for less.

I agree Kee-Lo :slight_smile:

Howerver snubnog's Company has an account at PC World, so I guess he's got limited options. :slight_frown:

kee-lo_

Would help if I read 100% of posts wouldn't it?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Would help if I read 100% of posts wouldn't it?

:smileygrin: You spend enough time on here as it is...:smileylaugh: