Join now - be part of our community!

HAS THE BX196 SERIES BEEN DISCONTINUED?

snubnog
Visitor

HAS THE BX196 SERIES BEEN DISCONTINUED?

Hello everybody!

I'm currently using a PCG-GRT916Z. Our Company has an account at PC World here in the UK and I'm due for an upgrade at the end of this month (this happens every two years for each of our units under our rental agreement).

I'd decided to go for the BX196SP but having looked at the PC World Business website and subsequently spoken to them today, I've been told that model is no longer available:

http://www.pcwb.com/catalogue/item/sonb0107

Does anyone know if this line has been discontinued? I'm confused because the BX195 series is still available but they don't have a widescreen (which I really fancied).

I've also noticed that a BX197XP has appeared at twice the price. But apart from the price problem it also has a 17" monitor which has caused me serious problems with battery power on the GRT-916Z that I currently own. Does anyone know if this BX197 line will be extended to include some models with a smaller screen and price?

I've also noticed that Sony Style is still carrying the BX196SP but that's not much good to me unfortunately because our Account is with PC World.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13
snubnog
Visitor

Heh heh...LOL:smileylaugh:

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Like Thalamus said, unfortunately I'm limited to PC World. I will try as you suggested and get them to call round other branches.

Thanks again guys!!! I'll let you know how it goes.:smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Good luck..:smileyhappy:

Kris1990
Visitor

yeh. good luck. maby pc world will order one in for you if you ask nicely

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

They should really be able to find one