Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI

Indy89
Visitor

HDMI

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR21S which has a HDMI socket on it can i purchase any HDMI cable or does it have to be a specific one?

15 REPLIES 15
a7med_360
Visitor

hey any cable will work i have the same machine and the HDMI cables i have work just fine.

NOTE: ALL HDMI CABLES WORK LIKE EACH OTHER NO MATTER THE PRICE SO IF ITS £50 OR £10 THERE WILL BE NO DIFFERENCE

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

really?

I've been told by a chum in the industry that there is a difference, maybe not the x5 improvement that some manufacturers claim etc, but still some difference.

(I'm not questioning you, I'd just like to know for sure)
:slight_smile:

a7med_360
Visitor

no worries but debates about this has been circuling the net for a while, but its hard telling who is giving an opinion or giving raw facts

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7596_102-0.html?forumID=60&threadID=108141&messageID=1232417

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I doubt if there is much difference in short digital cables. I would only consider an expensive one for long cable runs. The problem of interference is far less with digital but the signal loss over long runs is more of a problem.

With analogue signals signal loss can just be amplified - but any digital loss is lost forever.

I have heard that over 15 feet you get a better signal with s-video. Most remote projectors like the ones fixed in the ceiling do not bother with digital connections.

:thinking:

Indy89
Visitor

hey any cable will work i have the same machine and the HDMI cables i have work just fine.

NOTE: ALL HDMI CABLES WORK LIKE EACH OTHER NO MATTER THE PRICE SO IF ITS £50 OR £10 THERE WILL BE NO DIFFERENCE

Thanks for reply. Have ordered one now cant wait. How do you change resolution when HDMI is connected or is it automatically set?

a7med_360
Visitor

it depends on the resolution of ur device im guessing ar21s if its set at 1920x1200 ur tv should be able to support that in order for it to display it other it should format the picture automatically within ur laptop but when it does it could make ur desktop messed up cuz when it reseizes to suit the tv the laptop resolution changed so it could look really big on ur laptop everything will be the same but big so it would have moved around abit:)

profile.country.es_ES.title
pariope41
Visitor

A ver como subo un fichero a la página para que lo veas

profile.country.es_ES.title
pariope41
Visitor

from right in whithe conector...awesome

Indy89
Visitor

How did you close the lid without it going into standby?