Join now - be part of our community!

camera problem

jaredbollington
Visitor

camera problem

Hi
just bought FE41E notebook, had problem with in-built motion eye camera . It loads in utility or skype and then if closed and re-opened has error saying used by another application. Changed machine, spoken to VAIO support, updated driver and still problem occurs. Can't get to bottom of error has anybody had same problem with model?

7 REPLIES 7
Shaun_Chapman90
Visitor

Hi,

Yes I have an FE41E too, and yes this error does appear everytime. It can be very annoying. What have Sony Vaio Support said?? :slight_frown:

thevinster
Visitor

Hi,

Yes I have an FE41E too, and yes this error does appear everytime. It can be very annoying. What have Sony Vaio Support said?? :slight_frown:

If you uninstall and reinstall the drivers, that fixes the problem. The drivers are located in the c:\drivers folder.

pippo561
Visitor

Hi, FE41S here with the same problem since day one, uninstalling and reinstall the driver does not fix the problem, maybe new driver is needed.

MichelleO
Visitor

I've had the same problem with my FE41E! It's really annoying, especially since I am in Australia for half a year and expected to use the webcam often!
I want to try deinstalling and installing the drivers but I have no idea how to do that... :slight_frown: Could someone tell me (step by step) how to do that?
Thank you so much!

knutsfordsafety
Visitor

Hi, yes I have a 41E and the camera worked the first time but now says that it is being used by another application. This is clearly not an isolated problem. Can someone from Sony add to this discussion to help us out? I bought a Vaio because of a supposed confidence in the product - this episode is doing anything to help.

gethgwyn
Visitor

Just recently (well 4 days ago actually) bought an FE41Z, having exactly the same problem. The motion eye was a feature I was really excited about, not any more! If someone from Sony can respond to this thread please?!? Just fixed a problem with my motion pad and now faced with another problem with a very expensive laptop! Not Happy!!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I have escalated this to Sony Support as they do not actively monitor this forum.

:slight_frown: