Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI

Indy89
Visitor

HDMI

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR21S which has a HDMI socket on it can i purchase any HDMI cable or does it have to be a specific one?

15 REPLIES 15
Indy89
Visitor

it depends on the resolution of ur device im guessing ar21s if its set at 1920x1200 ur tv should be able to support that in order for it to display it other it should format the picture automatically within ur laptop but when it does it could make ur desktop messed up cuz when it reseizes to suit the tv the laptop resolution changed so it could look really big on ur laptop everything will be the same but big so it would have moved around abit:)

Thats ok I see what you mean. The res of my TV is 1360x768.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

How did you close the lid without it going into standby?

Try this: -

Start -> Control Panel -> Power Options -> 'Advanced' Tab -> "When I Close The Lid" = "Do Nothing".

Watch the temperature of your Vaio though - it may overheat with the lid closed.

:wink:

Indy89
Visitor

Thanks thats done it no need to leave lid up now.

profile.country.es_ES.title
pariope41
Visitor

If what you say to me is that if the portable one this one working so(then) if. I have it working across the connection HDMI on a screen of 22 " VIewsonic. There is expectacular the quality that gives this screen. Regards

Indy89
Visitor

I have my HDMI cable now and when connected to my TV I first got no signal but then noticed under properties > settings and under the second display option it said extend my desktop onto this monitor and I ticked it but all that displays is my wallpaper. What do I have to do for my whole desktop to be displayed on my TV through HDMI? I want to use it for playing Blu-Ray movies.

Indy89
Visitor

Anyone know what could be wrong?