Join now - be part of our community!

Headset-Plug

KingFlexo
Visitor

Headset-Plug

Hello guys'n'girls,

I've got Vaio VGN-FS315H and love it insanely. But now, I've got a problem...
When listening to music with my headset and there was to much physical stress on the plug and unfortunately a part of the Vaio's plug broke... :cry:
Well, now the sound via headset works only by holding the headsets plug in a very special position...
Is there anything that I can do? Shall I take my Vaio back to the shop and let it be fixed or can I do something about it myself?

I took some photographs, to make my situation clearer.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Flexo

8 REPLIES 8
William
Visitor

Wow - Bad News but nice pictures :slight_frown:

If you are really unlucky the socket is soldered to the mainboard.

If its on a daughterboard it won't be so bad but still bad.

If it was me I would try carefully supergluing it back on, if you believe it will restore connectivity.

Best and presumably most expensive option is send it back to Sony but be prepared for a very large bill for a new mainboard if that is what its soldered to.:smileysad:

Even if you don't agree to the repair they will charge you for looking at the lappy and returning it to you.

Not good news I am afraid :slight_frown:

KingFlexo
Visitor

Wow, OK, thats really bad :slight_frown: , but ok,... I'll try to fix it in some way.
I tried to glue the broken part back in, but it didn't work properly, cause the sound worked only, when I pressed the headphones' plug down, but maybe I get it to work somehow.

Thanks for your answer. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Does that bit of plastic have any metal contacts? If it does you're in big trouble.

The best thing you can do is send it in to VAIO-Link, but as William said it's not going to be cheap to repair it

KingFlexo
Visitor

No, it's just a plain piece of plastic. So I'm quite optimistic that I can fix it in a way.

William
Visitor

Looking at the picture(s) I am wondering if that outermost contact has got bent upwards when the jack got broken.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah it's getting it in the right position so that all the contacts touch the jack

KingFlexo
Visitor

Hell yeah guys! :smileygrin:
I just bent that contact a bit down and right at the moment it seems to work perfectly fine.

Thanks a lot for your help :clap:

I'll put a tiny little bit of glue on the plastic piece that broke away and then it should almost be as before.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Something like these should do the job too.

That works perfect with tiny bits of plastic. :cool:

http://www.revell.de/en/