Join now - be part of our community!

Hello All. Anyone know where I can get my hands on a system recovery disc for my VAIO VGC-VA1?

profile.country.GB.title
musikation
Explorer

Hello All. Anyone know where I can get my hands on a system recovery disc for my VAIO VGC-VA1?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Only in French:

Sony Recovery Pack FR

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The Recovery Discs will have Windows XP as the OS, which has not been supported for many years and would be risky to use online especially as the hundreds of updates to the XP system cannot be downloaded and installed.

I probably have a backup of the original Drivers and Utilities if you need them.

If you give us a bit more information it may help. I assume you have tried tapping F10 at boot?

profile.country.GB.title
musikation
Explorer

Hello Rif

Many thanks for your reply. I mistakenly deleted the original boot-up disc when trying to upgrade from Windows xp to Windows 7. So pressing F10 no longer works :(. I just wish I could have a disc that would put the desktop back to it's manufacturers setting.

I had the luxury of having a D drive and all the original Sony Applications but I lost all of them due to the upgrade to Windows 7.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Your best chance is to find someone with a VGC-VA1 with the original Recovery partition still intact with the Windows Media Centre edition installed.

They would then be able to burn Recovery Discs from the Recovery Partition. I guess you didn’t burn a Recovery Set when you bought it?

Good Luck!