Join now - be part of our community!

System Restore Not Working!

System Restore Not Working!

I am using a Sony Vaio VGN-FS315Z, running Windows XP, Zone Alarm firewall and AVG Anti-Virus software. I have had the laptop since it was new, about 3 years ago and have experienced very few problems. System Restore has always worked for me, both on my PC and laptop, until now. Several restore points are visible but when I try to restore to one of them, all looks normal until my laptop restarts and I get a message saying "Your computer cannot be restored to ...... No changes have been made". I have tried several different restore points, with no success.

C:\ 41.9GB, free 18.2GB and D:\ 62.8GB, free 18.6GB

I have just defragged both disks.

Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi J.S.,

welcome to club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Do you have Norton anti virus or any other Norton products installed on your Vaio.?

j.s.
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

I've just discovered what was wrong! No, I have no Norton software but Zone Alarm has been the culprit. See http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=Off-Topic&message.id=20185 Uninstalled Zone Alarm and System Restore is back to normal.

Thanks,
J.S.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: Glad you solved your system restore problem.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
PJ_LAVENDER
Explorer

Hi, I have a Sony Vairo SVE151J13M which is in need of a restore. After accidentally downloading something my system is now screwed up; opening a dozen plus webpages & being extremely sluggish. I have tried to enter the restore by pressing repeatedly on F8, F10, F12 & even F2 but nothing I try is working it just sends me back to the Windows login screen. If anyone has occurred such problems then do please contact me at your earliest convenience please.   

Phil