Join now - be part of our community!

HELP ASAP WITH GRAPHICS CARD

madxbri
Visitor

HELP ASAP WITH GRAPHICS CARD

Hi all i am about to buy this card tomorow but need a bit info first
new card
from what i have managed to find out it is better than what i have in my pc standard
any info would be great ie will it fit will it be alot better ect ect
seams to be a good price thou :smileygrin:

17 REPLIES 17
madxbri
Visitor

anyone know what power supply i have
yup its for my PCV-RX402 james
there must be a few bigger cards out there that i could buy
pc world has a few realy good prices on cards just now

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You're probably best asking at www.vaiovillage.com or looking on the label.

I guess it's a 350W

madxbri
Visitor

i think i will have another look inside and do another clean out
dont know wether to just trust pc world with a sugested graphics card or not after all its my pc not theres they will just want the sale :slight_frown: bit worried about the power thing now
thanks again you all

james what pc whas it you had the probs with and did you find a card that was ok ?
thanks
all again
loads of info now :wink:

kee-lo_

Doesn't PC World have 50% off upgrades so they fit the card there and test it?

madxbri
Visitor

Doesn't PC World have 50% off upgrades so they fit the card there and test it?

dont know but would they sort it or bodge it if things did go wrong ??????
not to sure about others doing bits on my pc and if i knew what card would work then i have no probs with fitting it then if it goes wrong its my fault and i cant chase myself to get it sorted just a hard slap :smileyblush:

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

ames what pc whas it you had the probs with and did you find a card that was ok ?

God Brian, do you want to know? It was a 7 year old PC that still works (!) ugh sort of, and a nVidia Riva TNT2 M64 card was fitted with lesser power requirements than a Cirrus Logic GD-CL5446 PCI card which has been scrapped.

So it was trying to revive an ancient system. You should have fewer problems, but since Sony appear to use non-standard power supplies, a beefier one may be difficult to find... I would go for 400Watt myself especially if you want to add other power-hungry stuff, but use at LEAST 350Watt power supplies to guarantee success.

The problems I had was with a museum piece TreeTek 200Watt non-ATX power supply!:smileylaugh:

madxbri
Visitor

hey james i bet it was great at the time :smileygrin:
might end up with a new tower if it gets hard to do anything with it just a thought how hard would it be to put my gubbings inside a diffrent tower with a new power supply ect or is it just not worth it
do sony not do upgrade power packs ????????
or are they just over priced :slight_frown:
i would love to just get the graphics up a bit hey it runs not bad games as is like unreal 2004 just not cranked right up on the graphics side
would love to keep it as is with a bit better a card in nothing huge just better :cool:

kee-lo_

Their work is garunteed I guess, you would have to ask.
I've never experienced their work