Join now - be part of our community!

HELP! Bought XL100 Multimedia centre but can't connect to TV

Chuckmobile
Visitor

HELP! Bought XL100 Multimedia centre but can't connect to TV

Can anyone help with what I hope is a straightforward question. I have just purchased an XP100 which I want to connect to a Samsung LCD TV about 1 yr old. Problem is, I can't seem to connect it. There is a scart input, a co-axial input, an S-Video input and 3 individual inputs for video and l/r audio. Despite this, the XL100 seems to have just one output with a connection I have never seen before.

I bought this from John Lewis who gave me a helpline number, but unbelievably for an organisation the size of Sony there appears to be no help outside of 9 - 5 on weekdays. Is there a cable I can buy?

10 REPLIES 10
lowedb
Visitor

Yup, it has HDMI. But it is sold as being connectable via HDMI or COMPONENT. I fell into Sonys trap of buying a hidef TV without HDMI (they weren't quite out), but was assured that the XL100 would work fine using component connection. It doesn't! First you can't play commercial DVDs without turning down the screen res to something awful, and second, in some cases the machine locks up if MCE is running and it goes into away mode. Sony don't have a clue about the latter and I've been waiting since 10th April for a response to the problem. The other one has caused them to put a big warning on the website (if you manage to find the XL100) that only HDMI works properly.