Join now - be part of our community!

**HELP** Error Messages when opening SonicStage and Music Transfer

The5Ball
Visitor

**HELP** Error Messages when opening SonicStage and Music Transfer

Hi guys,

I bought my VAIO pocket on thursday, and the player is great! It looks good and works fine. However, as we all know here the SonicStage software is absolute crap! First of all my PC wouldn't detect the device, then after about 5 minutes when it did, i tried to transfer music and it said transfer failed, and then said my player had 0KB free.

After getting very annoyed I took it to work and tried it on my PC there, and when i installed SS 2.3 and the firmware updates it worked fine every time and I managed to transfer a bit of music onto it. I took it home thinking that if i installed updates here it would do the same. Oh how wrong was i!? Now every time i open SS or Music transfer I get that OMG has caused an error and the program closes.

I have tried reinstalling and everything with no joy, and I am close to sending it back to eBuyer once the bank holiday is over! Does anyone know of anything that might help me? PLEASE!? I love my little VAIO and i don't want to have to return it :slight_frown:

Cheers guys

2 REPLIES 2
chris_lewis
Visitor

I think the problem you are having is because your player is now registered to your PC at work, your gonna have to uninstall SS from your home PC, firm reset the player (pin hole on bottom).

If I were you I would try SS 3.1 , its the most up to date version, then re install the updates for the VP & re-register SS, CDDB etc, firewalls also cause issues with SS make sure its in your allowed list.

HTH

C

The5Ball
Visitor

well, I deid get it to work with my home PC once, so it should have registered with that first. I have got rid of the error messages now but now it will not detect the player in SS. It just comes up with "device/media not connected" then a "delayed write failed to G:\" error in windows. It is getting me extremely annoyed and i have now aquired a returns number for it, so it's going back on tuesday if no-one can think of something :cry: I have tried 3.1 and still no joy, same error messages so it is packed ready to go back afdter the bank holiday unless someone has anymore ideas?

Ta for trying though