Join now - be part of our community!

tv out?

zina
Visitor

tv out?

ive got a fs115m,can anybody tell me if i can connect to my tv?
not for watching tv on my laptop but for watching on tv my laptop monitor.
really confused cause friends of mine who have other laptops(not vaio) they have tv out really diferent than something on my vaio,maybe mine needs diferent cable or something?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Zina,

I am almost certain that your model doesn¿t have an AV out connection (yellow ring around a 3.5mm jack plug hole) in which case no, you cannot connect to a TV display.
You can however connect to either an external monitor or multi media computer display via the monitor connector on the rear of your notebook

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
zina
Visitor

no i dont have that yellow ring, ive got a rectangular thing with little holes.
is it possible with a diferent sort of cable to connect to the tv?
it is considered a monitor isn it?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

The problem is that you only have VGA out and unless you have a TV with either a VGA 15 pin video input or a digital TV with a component video input, I don¿t think that it is possible.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I believe on eBay you can now get VGA to SVIDEO converters for around 99p (sterling)

robpaxton
Explorer

There's these

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

There's these

Looks good Rob. Unfortunately the large view link is broken so difficult to see the connector ¿ I assume that it is standard 15 pin VGA?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
robpaxton
Explorer

This shows the device connectors - pretty comprehensive for such an inexpensive thing. It has 15 pin male & female VGA connectors.

The thing tro remember is that you usually need to use a pretty low resolution to display the desktop with any clarity. Most TV screens (other than high res LCD & Plasma) aren't really up to the job of displaying high resolutions.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thanks for that Rob.
It certainly looks to be a cracking piece of equipment for the price but, if the illustration is accurate, the leads seem just a tad short?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
zina
Visitor

first of all iwant to thank you guys for all the help!:smileyhugs: :hugging: :hugging:

my tv has s video but i have no idea if its input or output.if its input do you think i have a chance for me to connect without the converter Rob is talking about?