Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO A-SERIES AV-DOCKING STATION ANYONE??

inectarios
Visitor

VAIO A-SERIES AV-DOCKING STATION ANYONE??

Does anyone have this docking station??

I do not have the Recovery Disc with the Sony software to operate it's TV tuner. (I think that's VAIO Zone and VAIO Entertainment Platform.)

I already checked Sony's support page and they only have an Upgrade VAIO Zone which still needs VAIO Entertainment Platform to run.

If anyone has and could give me this software or knows were I can find it I would really really really appreciate it!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

You find your VAIO-Link software on the recovery DVDs which you can burn. If you have deleat the recovery partition before you have burned the recovrey DVDs, then you must call VAIO-link and buy your Recovery DVD for approx 70¿.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If you don't have the docking station you don't need VAIO Zone as you don't have the TV card.

inectarios
Visitor

Eem.. I DO have the AV-dock station.. with the speakers and all.. eitherwise I wouldnt be asking for its software.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Then it should definately be on your recovery disks

Eugenepang
Visitor

whats model is your A series?:smileyconfused:

inectarios
Visitor

Hello again.. after a long long time..I have made a second attempt with the VAIO A-series AV dock. I sold the one I had and bought another one this summer since I got my hands on some VAIO Zone software this time. (that my A117s did not have). Well, still no luck.

The closest I got to getting the AV dock to work(talking about the TV Tuner since everything else works FINE), is to get the "TV" icon appear on VAIO Launcher but when I click on it, the whole thing just crashes.

I have literally tried everything I could thing of. Even downloaded U.S and Japanese drivers, software and utilities.

I have even found Service Manuals for the A-series that do not show any difference on the motherboard or other hardware (from what I can understand of course) between the supplied-with and supplied-without docking station laptops.

I would really really really ANY help from anyone who has tried to make the AV dock work with a A1xx series, or anyone who knows something about this matter. (Please don't waste your and my time by posting bulls**t - don't wanna be rude but I'm looking for somewhat "expert" help and having people replying things like "Sony says..." is just... not helpful)
- Thank you