Join now - be part of our community!

HELP>...How do i connect my VGC-V2S wirelessly to my PSP?

safetan2002
Visitor

HELP>...How do i connect my VGC-V2S wirelessly to my PSP?

Please can anybody tell me how to connect my PSP to my PC...The VGC -V2S has a wireless function and seems to find other networks near to my house , so how do i connect it to my PSP with a WEP key?
Im not that great with computers , so any replies in simple terms please...:smileyhappy:
Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Does your PSP have SSID broadcasting on?
Do you know it's name

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

I'm not a 100% sure of this but I think you need to create a new network connection.

1) Select "Network Settings" on your PSP.
2) Select "Infrastructure Mode".
3) Select "New Connection".
4) Enter a name for the network connection. (Use the X button to bring up the keyboard.)
5) Set the SSID for the access point. - You can either use the scan facility which will search for nearby access points or you can enter the SSID manually.
6)Enter security information for the access point/router. This is where you can add a WEP key.
7) Select the Address Setting Method. - It's probably best to follow the "easy" set up which will automatically set your IP Adress and a number of other things.
😎 Press the Right button and you should be able to review your settings. Hit it again to confirm before hitting the X button to save the settings.
9) You can use the Test Connection tab to see if you're hooked up.

Good luck

Riz

kee-lo_

TR or anyone for that matter:

What's the web browsing like on the PSP? What else can you do wirelessly?

Can you fill the thing with music this way?

robpaxton
Explorer

Just a quick note - it's not possible to connect directly to the PC (Ad-hoc mode) in order to access the internet or play internet enabled games etc. This mode on the PSP is purely designed for connection to other PSPs.

You must connect to an access point in infrastructure mode if you want to access the internet to download updates or browse the web.

This site should be informative.

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

TR or anyone for that matter:

What's the web browsing like on the PSP? What else can you do wirelessly?

Can you fill the thing with music this way?

Stick with your iPod Kee - you know it makes sense!

I just use mine for games and that's it. I've stuck one or two films on it but apart from that I don't think the system is very intuitive for a novice networker.

Yes Rob, you need an access point but I think a router would be sufficient to provide that.

safetan2002
Visitor

When i search , the pc finds the PSP but says not connected , and when i search for the pc the PSP says nothing found , although the PC is showing the PSP....i wish i knew more about computers!....any ideas people...and thanks for the responces.

robpaxton
Explorer

You can't wirelessly connect directly to a PC. You need to connect to a wireless access point.

safetan2002
Visitor

Does this mean i have to but a wireless router? Even though my PC works the keyboard and mouse wirelessly?

robpaxton
Explorer

Yes, you need a wireless router.