Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-SZ2M AUDIO DRIVER HELP

danferris
Visitor

VGN-SZ2M AUDIO DRIVER HELP

Hi all,

hope someone can shed some light on the problem i am having...

Run down:

Purchased the sony vaio and it arrived this week, had XP home on it and all the preinstalled rubbish. Tried to uninstall everything but didnt seem to like it - ended up having to format and reinstall.

I upgraded the laptop to XP PRO and i have installed all the windows patches / drivers etc

However, there is no audio for the unit. Going into "volume control" gives me "there are no active mixer devices available. to install mixer devices go to control panel, click printers and other hardware, and then click add hardware"

i tried that but couldnt seem to find anything. I checled all drivers in the device manager and all audio ones have been installed and are apprantly "working" :thinking:

So, i call sony - they tell me that because the laptop now has xp pro on they will not support me, they advised to contact sigmatel direct. So i call them, and they tell me its nothing to do with them.

Why sigmatel you may be asking - well, this is the last audio driver i can find on the vaio support section that hasnt been installed. When i try to install it i get the error "device object not present, restart the system and run setup again" which i have tried but still not working :slight_frown:

Wondered if anyone out there has had the same problem when upgrading / formating and installing xp pro on a machine that drivers was designed for xp home?!

Many THanks

Dan

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Dan,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

You can download the pre-installed drivers from here once downloaded and extracted you should find a Audio folder containing the both sigmatel drivers and UAA High Definition Audio Class driver..

I think UAA High Definition Audio Class driver has to be installed first.. :thinking: