Join now - be part of our community!

HELP, HELP: DVD+R(W) read/write problem and 'search/clicking noises on my laptop PCG-FR415S

moondog
Visitor

HELP, HELP: DVD+R(W) read/write problem and 'search/clicking noises on my laptop PCG-FR415S

:slight_frown: I see more people having this kInd of reading and writing problems with DVD's. Mine is very strange and unusual.

When I first bought my PCG-FR415S I started burning a couple of CD's and DVD's with the inside burner (pioneer dvd-rw dvr k12). Then after a few months I got a serious virus and I cleand up the whole machine. I used the factory CD for cleaning everything and started a fresh windows home edition setup.
After the proces was done I only installed winDVD from the programs that where on the Vaio-factory dvd. Everything worked smooth again except my DVD-player

When everything was done I wanted to install some software and stuff that I had burned on my dvd's (+RW and +R) before. Before means: in my first original factory setup.

Then something STRANGE happened: the DVD-player started making some strange ' search and clicking' noises but couldnt find what was on the dvd's. But putting in CD-r all went just fine.

Please can someone help me out !! What could possibly have gone wrong. P.S. MS-sevicepack 2 didn't solve the problem so I deleted it again. Besides I also installed the latest pioneer drivers from Sony.It don't help though

STRANGE

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sounds like it may need a repair.