Join now - be part of our community!

Help......Mcfree firewall problem

Sabi
Visitor

Help......Mcfree firewall problem

Hi guys;

I have just down loaded McFree firewalled for my friend. However when we got to the download via email from McFree, we couldn't do it. We keep getting this message: "Could not initialize installation file size expected = 2725829, size returned = 100421"

We asked Aol for help which they couldn't give!! They suggested we contact Mcfree Tech support. Unfortunately the tech number cost 1.00 per minute!!! That is what I call a rip off !! :devil:
I would be grateful if anyone who had the same problem with Mcfree download could help.

Thanks guys

Sabi:smileycry:

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

What is McFree?? Sorry you mean McDonald? DoubleBigMac? McNeil? I don't know.

But Sorry : Save the system with a Cheesburger, I think that isn't a good idea.

Use ZoneAlarm (http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp) or better Sygate (http://www.sygate.com/products/sygate-personal-firewall-pro.htm)

The Problem Sygate is that the firewall is not easy to handle but very good.

ZoneAlarm is easy to handle but a little bit confuse.

TygerTyger
Visitor

I assume you mean McAfree................

The problem seems to be with the download, the file you have downloaded seems to be corrupt. If you try accessing the download from a different email account you may possibly find it works, however otherwise really your only choice is to call their technical support and be that much poorer.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Seb, McAfee.

Hehehe

As Seb says, ZoneAlarm is better than McAfee.
If you do wish to use it then I suggest re-downloading it, as it's not complete.

(it's about 1MB smaller than expected, this is a wise thing for the installer to do as it could corrupt the system).

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

AHHH HA:smileyshocked:

That's what he means.

:laughing: :laughing:

Sabi
Visitor

:smileyblush: Sorry for the wrong spelling!!
Yes I meant McAfree.

Thanks for the advice Kee-lo. I am going to reinstall it again and see what happens.

:laughing: And very funny Seb21. Make my one Mcfillet o fish... :party:

Sabi :laughing:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I prefer Chichen Royale from Burger King.