Join now - be part of our community!

help me find a driver

profile.country.GB.title
scotswahey
Explorer

help me find a driver

Hi All

having a nightmare that can be quickly solved if i can only find the driver.

so i have the sony vaio vgn-aw41mf over 10 year old but its still my workhorse.

worked fine and the feckin upgrade to win 10 due to win 7 support ending.

long story short days and days of googling and frustration i have now put on a fresh instal of win 7 everything fine except webcam. ok thats the back story heres what i need.

in device manager i have no built in webcam or imaging device section.

the webcam is showing as base system device its the only yellow exclamation laptop has.

tried everywhere to find the driver i think the manufacturer is ricoh?

many others have suffered this issue and i think the closest i got to a solution was this guys answer below

If anyone is having trouble getting this driver to install on their Windows 7 Vaio, the problem is not the driver itself, but the installer, which does not work with Windows 7. I had the same problem as everyone else, but I downloaded/installed the Universal Extractor (link removed cause it flagged as spam) and the driver installer (link removed as it flagged as spam). I ran the Extractor on the Driver's Installer, which extracted all of the files. I then executed the x64 installer file (RIDCAM-14566600-US\TEMPEXEFOLDER\DPInst64.exe). This properly updated the driver and my webcam has been functioning normally since. Hope this helps others!

Someone must have a clue what driver i need 

so again i have the sony vaio vgn-aw41mf with win 7 home premium the original OS the issue is no webcam recognised. I have installed all available drivers from sonys support page

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

OK, so looking through the downloads for this Vaio (VPCSB1V9E) I can see a 2012 Ricoh camera firmware update.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/vpc-series-vpcsb1-series/vpcsb1v9e/downloads/Z0000899

This is firmware - not a driver so you need to think carefully before trying it as I have no idea if the cameras are the same.

Good Luck