Join now - be part of our community!

Help needed with Regional Blu Ray Player

custardtart
Visitor

Help needed with Regional Blu Ray Player

Hi,
I bought my 1st Blu Ray disc from Play.com and went to play it yesterday using the Intervideo Player.

I got an error message telling me that the disc required a region 2 player, what does this mean? :thinking:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
iafergu17
Visitor

Did you buy notebook from abroad?

custardtart
Visitor

no i bought it from a dixons in the departure lounge of gatwick airport so would've thought it would be a uk spec machine?

is that the problem?

profile.country.en_GB.title
iafergu17
Visitor

Region 2 is this region (UK), I'm not the best person to help you with this problem but I had trouble playing back region 1 DVD's as my DVD players firmware wouldn't allow me to without completely changing its region coding - this could only be done a number of times before it was locked on a certain region for good!

I just thought you might have had an import machine as a UK spec 'should' be default region 2 (as you would expect). Have you checked for any updates?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi custardtart and welcome to Club Vaio.

What model Vaio do you have?

There is an Update for your Blu-Ray optical drive at Vaio-Link (I am assuming you have an AR21S - change the page if not).

There is also an update for WinDVD BD available. Open WinDVD and look in the menus for a software update.

Right-click on your drive in My Computer -> Properties to see what region the drive is set to. It will almost certainly be Region B/2.

Hopefully these will fix your problem.

:wink: