Join now - be part of our community!

Vista screen brightness & VAIO Update 3.0

awillson
Visitor

Vista screen brightness & VAIO Update 3.0

Hi, i have done a fresh install of vista on my laptop. One problem, is that i dont get the default link for the vaio update, (like the default homepage in MS IE). Thus i cant download the vaio update 3.0 on my vaio. Does any one have the link, would someone be kind enough to paste their link here for me ;).

Also any idea how i can turn down the vaio screen brightness in vista? again, i dont have any battery vaio settings. Are these tools not available for vista yet? Any one managed to turn down their screen brightness on the vaio with vista?

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

You don't say what model you have but unless it is a current model that comes with Vista, you are unlikely to be able to get all the Sony specific drivers and utilities. Go to the link below and select your model and see if there are any updates available for Vista. Click on Utilities at the bottom of the screen and if available, install the Sony Utilities, Sony Shared Library and the Seny Event Service.

If not try downloading the original XP Sony Utilities for your model and expand them into a temporary folder. Install all the Utilities in order and if you are lucky some may work with Vista - this depends on the model. If you can find the .EXE files for these utilities, right-click on the .exe file -> Properties -> Compatibility and try running it in XP Mode.

Vista Upgrades

:wink: