Join now - be part of our community!

Help Please Sony Vaio

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
harrybass
Visitor

Help Please Sony Vaio

My wifes Vaio is switched on but has a blank screen and it wont switch off and everything is locked out, can anyone help please. Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The model should be shown on the screen surround.

Modelname.png

I think you will have to remove the mains adapter and take out the battery to get it to shut down.  Then hold the power button down for 30 seconds before reconnecting the AC Power only and trying to restart (leave the battery out).

What happens when you try to restart?  Do you see the Vaio Logo screen?  Are there any error messages? If the screen is black, try shining a torch on it - can you see a faint image?

:thinking:

View solution in original post

harrybass
Visitor

Sorted mate, done what you told me and she's up and flying again, so many thanks. Harry

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Harry,

Can you give us a bit more information please?

What model Vaio is it?

Can you shut it down by holding the power button down for 10 seconds?

Did you get any error messages?

What was it being used for just before the problem?

Can you hear the fans working?  What lights are showing?

Anything else you can tell us?

harrybass
Visitor

All lights are showing, the screen is blank, it wont shut down (even holding the off button), it just seems to be locked. Wont turn off or on. Not sure what model it is, but she's only had it since jan 2011. PS the fan is working and all she done was switch it on 

Message was edited by: harrybass

Message was edited by: harrybass

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The model should be shown on the screen surround.

Modelname.png

I think you will have to remove the mains adapter and take out the battery to get it to shut down.  Then hold the power button down for 30 seconds before reconnecting the AC Power only and trying to restart (leave the battery out).

What happens when you try to restart?  Do you see the Vaio Logo screen?  Are there any error messages? If the screen is black, try shining a torch on it - can you see a faint image?

harrybass
Visitor

Sorted mate, done what you told me and she's up and flying again, so many thanks. Harry