Join now - be part of our community!

How can I Connect my analog Sat-receiver to my notebook to watch tv?

matthew.k
Visitor

How can I Connect my analog Sat-receiver to my notebook to watch tv?

Hi everybody,
I just bought a new vaio AR71ZU notebook and all my attempts to get a TV-signal from my analog sat-receiver to the notebook failed so far.
Can anybody help me out?
Thanx mat

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mat and welcome to Club Vaio.

Infortunately, you cannot use your Vaio as an analogue monitor. You can import analogue video to the hard disc but you cannot stream to the display it in full screen.

Windows Media Centre seems unable to display the s-video or composite video as an AV Channel in the TV Tuner. I vaguely recall that some success was achieved by downloading some free Analogue TV Tuner software that is able to recognise the s-video inout as an AV input.

:slight_frown:

matthew.k
Visitor

Hi Mat and welcome to Club Vaio.

Infortunately, you cannot use your Vaio as an analogue monitor. You can import analogue video to the hard disc but you cannot stream to the display it in full screen.

Windows Media Centre seems unable to display the s-video or composite video as an AV Channel in the TV Tuner. I vaguely recall that some success was achieved by downloading some free Analogue TV Tuner software that is able to recognise the s-video inout as an AV input.

:slight_frown:

okay, thank you very much for your help - I will try to find out about the software you mentioned.
cheers mat