Join now - be part of our community!

How do I create the Dynamic recovery disk of windows XP?

puppets
Visitor

How do I create the Dynamic recovery disk of windows XP?

Hi Vaio Forum!

How do I create the dynamic disk of wodows XP? When I check the manual it only says how to make backup disks of the applications and drivers and how to restore your vaio.

Best regards

Jonas

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

I guess you want to be asked what software you want install during the recovery, instead to install them later.

It would be a nice feature for a VAIO, that's for sure.

However, I don't know how to do something like that.
But you could use software like Norton Ghost to make a recovery disk. With nlite you can create a customised Windows setup disk.

KingGeorge
Visitor

Just do start-vaio recovery tool-vaio recovery utility.

When that little program opens, you get to chose between doing a recovery or making the recovery DVD's.
You can choose to make one dual layer DVD or 2 DVD-R's.

lapyiwin
Visitor

I got stuck in recovery process when disk2 failed in the middle of the installation. It says the disk2 is not readable .So,If anyone have SZ2XP/C or SZ1XP/C machine and had created recovery dvds, could you please let me konw. I really need it for reinstalling my laptop. Thanks a million.

La Pyae Win

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Please do not double post lapyiwin; and remove your telephone number from your post, this is a public forum.

lapyiwin
Visitor

Please do not double post lapyiwin; and remove your telephone number from your post, this is a public forum.

Sorry, this is the first time using sony forum. Could you tell me how to remove the phone number. I will remove it straightaway.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi lapyiwin,

Click the button to the left of the post that you included your phone number in and simply remove the number, once done click Edit post..:smileyhappy: