Join now - be part of our community!

WINXP don't shut down...

xman3
Visitor

WINXP don't shut down...

:thinking:
Hi at all, I'm a new owner of a Sony Vaio VGN-Fe31H, I have installed a new original copy of Widows XP professional with service pack2 and I have installed all drivers and utility of Vaio.

But there is a problem when I try to shut down my Vaio, it doesn't turn off and stay (freeze ??) whit blu screen on shutting dwn.....
The ony thing that I can made is press for 4 second the power on button to turn off completly.... Where is the problem? Any suggestion?

Thanks and good forum!

3 REPLIES 3
steelem
Visitor

i get this occossationally on my fe21m i posted but no one replied i reckin its a common sony fault but sonmy want pout there hands up - if it happens just turn off at power restart ..

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi xman3 and welcome to Club Vaio.

Are you using Norton Internet Security? This can cause this problem.

Alternatively, have a look at the suggestions in this Knowledgebase Article as it is likely that something in your Startup group is causing the problem.

:wink:

xman3
Visitor

Ok, I have try for 2 hours but I think to have discover the problem:
I have disable the Visual Communication Camera from Sytem>Hardware>Peripheral and I have see that the system shut down normaly in 6 seconds!

Are there any problems with USB driver and/or webcam drivers? I use driver in PREINSTALLED driver list.... Any suggestion? Should I try another type of drivers for webcam?

Maybe other should try to disable webcam!

Thanks,
SEE YA!
xman3