Join now - be part of our community!

How do I install Bluetooth

GaryBolton
Visitor

How do I install Bluetooth

I have re-formated my laptop and put XP Pro on instead, but it seems I dont have Bluetooth installed. How do I install bluetooth on my laptop

11 REPLIES 11
feederfan
Visitor

Do you have inbuilt bluetooth? If so the drivers will be on VAIO-Link somewhere. Otherwise a USB Bluetooth dongle is only about £25 off ebay :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Install SP2 and you'll not need more software or drivers

Michel75
Visitor

Install SP2 and you'll not need more software or drivers

That did not work with my 3Com Bluetooth PC Card. Does that mean it is not supported?

kee-lo_

No, 3Com probably have an updated driver on their website.

GaryBolton
Visitor

I have just reformated my VGN-A215M laptop, installed XP Pro and downloaded and installed SP2. The problem is after installing on the drivers and getting it working pefect. I have no BLUETOOTH driver installed, can somebody please post a link to the correct Bluetooth driver I need to download, and also tell me if I also need "Bluespace NE" installed also to work with the driver.

GaryBolton
Visitor

I need some help here guys, I have done a clean installation of Windows XP and installed SP2. But I see nothing in the control panel that has anything to do with bluetooth after installing SP2

I'm using a VGN A215M Vaio laptop. Can somebody please tell me what I need to do to get the bluetooth working and if I need to download anything from here like a driver etc. If I do please post a link ti the correct file or files in question I need.

Thanks

mvanwambeke
Visitor

check here for the specs of the laptop, there is no bluetooth on this computer for as far as I can s...

So if you purcase, like suggested, a dongle or PCMCIA card this should be autodetected

GaryBolton
Visitor

Well it did come woth bluetooth software installed as factory default, so I'm not sure. I was under the impression it came with it.

So if my laptop does not have bluetooth, why does it come with the software installed as factory default.

kee-lo_

Doesn't seem logical does it?