Join now - be part of our community!

[:(] How do I Remove the Keyboard on a PCG-GRT795MP

Pjay
Visitor

[:(] How do I Remove the Keyboard on a PCG-GRT795MP

Hi all
Can any one tell me how to go about removing the keyboard on my PCG-GRT795MP I need to clean the fan as its blocked up with fluff n crap, and the machine is reaching temps of 79. I have removed every screw I can find but cant seem to get the keyboard or any cover pannels off. Is there some secret screws or release mecinisms. Im baffled :smileythinking:

Pjay

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

If I'm right then there is a screw on the left hand edge of the speaker cover. You need to remove that screw and slide the cover to the left. Everything should then be pretty easy.

kee-lo_

Very close to the iLink port.

Pjay
Visitor

Thanks Rob & Keelo. I feel a bit of a tit not relising that was the screw that took the cover off. Well what a difference now its clean I got a right lump of fluff from the back of the vents it actually looked like a filter screen and was about 5mm thick , the wife said "isnt that supposed to be there it looks like it should". my temps down to 55 instead of 79 with loads off apps running. oh yeah and its as quiet as a mouse. Im really chuffed. thanks guys. :party:

wanna have a look at me fluff :smirk:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/michelle.coffey5/PCG-GRT795MP.html

Pjay

kee-lo_

Those screws are a pain.