Join now - be part of our community!

How do you upgrade my USB port????

Sabi
Visitor

How do you upgrade my USB port????

Hello;

After installing XP SP2, the internet connection for my laptop became none existence!!

After several attempts to uninstall and re-install AOL software and the modem driver, I was asked by AOL to check the USB Ports at the back of computer! The problem was appearing during the AOL software installation when at some point it was asked to connect the modem cable (BT Voyager 100) to the back of my laptop! As there was no pop up for”New Hardware found”, AOL asked me to check all USB ports (3) by using my pen drive in them. When that also failed to bring up any pop ups,(even from my computer) they were certain that the fault was with USB ports!! They said I should upgrade it!!

I have no idea how to go about it! Does anyone knows how to that?
Please help :slight_frown:

Many thanks

Sabi
I use Windows XP, AOL 9 with ZAISS

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Sabi,

You don't say whaich model Vaio you have so I can't identify what USB ports you have and it makes it difficult to make a suggestion. Upgrading from USB 1.1 to USB 2 is not really economical (unless you have a desktop) and one option would be to buy a PCMCIA USB2 card.

It may be that your Vaio does not supply enough power and it may be worth borrowing a powered USB Hub to see if this helps.

It may be worth uninstalling your USB controllers and rebooting to load fresh drivers but before you do this let me know your Vaio model.

:thinking: