Join now - be part of our community!

How long is a laptop designed to be left on?

shenyap
Visitor

How long is a laptop designed to be left on?

Hi all, hope you are all enjoying your Vaios. I am interested to know how long a laptop can be left running. I also wonder if laptops have a run-in period. Who knows please?

Just curious.

Regards
Shen

23 REPLIES 23
Pjay
Visitor

:smileynerd: Yup gonna clean it tonight. Thanks for the link TygerTyger will post the results soon as.Cheers

Pjay

Woody27
Visitor

:smileynerd: Yup gonna clean it tonight. Thanks for the link TygerTyger will post the results soon as.Cheers 

Pjay

Hope the clean..... .....stop it Kes! You little F****r, I tell the!.... ...out goes OK!

Bo-Selecta!

CW

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Actually it's Bad a$$ M f***king Jay !

Hehe
I think that show has gone down the banks but the first two seasons were good.

Pjay
Visitor

:laughing: eeehee im stuck on base 1 at the mo..... just 5 mins back I shut it down removed battery what a stinker of a port cover that is on the GRT795MP bet load of them get broken..anyway I looks for the screws that remove the keyboard n top pannels and can I f**k find em :smileythinking:. so I just rebooted to look at the manual, :drool: Little Britains my fave at the mo

**EDIT** Well I looked but I kinda knew I wouldnt find the answer in the manual.
I have removed every screw n clip I can find but the thing still wont come apart I just cant figure it out :cry:
No chance of finding info on this site without trawling thru s**t loads of pages.its so crazy I say CRAZY that we still dont have a SEARCH FACILITY HERE. :angry:
Pjay

Pjay
Visitor

Got it sorted ...now its clean I got a right lump of fluff from the back of the vents it actually looked like a filter screen and was about 5mm thick , the wife said "isnt that supposed to be there it looks like it should". my temps down to 55 instead of 79 with loads off apps running. oh yeah and its as quiet as a mouse. Im really chuffed. thanks guys..........`Bo selecta'

Pjay

robpaxton
Explorer

That's proper Bo!

kee-lo_

You're a bad cleaning VAIO using mother

Pjay
Visitor

sha mon Keelo ....:smileydancing: can u tell me how to upload a pic please

Pjay

kee-lo_

Shamon brother.

Do you have webspace? If not use http://www.hostmyimages.net/

Then you do

without spaces.

Pjay
Visitor

Cheers Keelo i put it on my webspace ......wanna have a look at me fluff :smirk:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/michelle.coffey5/PCG-GRT795MP.html

Pjay