Join now - be part of our community!

How to copy hard drive to other hard drive

Philippoussis
Visitor

How to copy hard drive to other hard drive

is there a way that you can out all the information from one hard drive to another one without installing everything again,

i heard something like northon ghost or something but how does it work and what does it do?..

or is the only way to install everything again..

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yes, it's called Acronis TrueImage

Philippoussis
Visitor

Yes, it's called Acronis TrueImage

thank you i have the program now...

i installed it but if i make an image of my computer do i save it on a usb/cd-rom and then i put my new laptop in the notebook i install windows on it and then i inset the usb/cd-rom and then all the settings and program's and all the stuff are the same like i had on my old hard drive?...

kee-lo_

If you have an external hard disk I would use that

Philippoussis
Visitor

is there a way that you can out all the information from one hard drive to another one without installing everything again, 

i heard something like northon ghost or something but how does it work and what does it do?..

or is the only way to install everything again..

if i put in my new hard drive..

do i keep my VAIO Zone,VAIO Media etc. and the bar on the right of my screen the quick bar from sony(the nice blue one) and if i don't have this when i installed windows on the new hard drive is there a way to put all the sony software back on the new drive?..

RyanNicon
Visitor

google G4U that what we use

Philippoussis
Visitor

hi, thnx for all the help

but the hitachi-travelstar-7k100 has as interface ata-6
and my laptop has sata,

can i buy this hard drive or won't it fit..

if this drive does not fit(i know they are both 2.5 inch so it should fit no?)

if it does not fit can somebody maybe give me another site with a 7200 rpm drive that is really good comparable to this one

thank you

kee-lo_

No, you need a SATA 2.5" drive like this one