Join now - be part of our community!

How to find out which driver/utility update I need

Niska
Visitor

How to find out which driver/utility update I need

Hi,

in the support page for the VGN-AR41S, I see recent updates for the webcam and the BD utility. How do I found out if I need them?

Right now all seems to work fine so I'm afraid to broke it. Is there a page on the support web server which run a script to tell which update to download (like it is done for Windows OS)?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.pt_PT.title
V57...
Contributor

Hi Niska...

Try with the Vaio Update...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Right now all seems to work fine so I'm afraid to broke it.

Hi Niska

There is the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it, therefore if your Vaio is working correctly then you do not need to install the updates. :wink:

You can as v.57 has mentioned use the VAIO Update 3 application which you should find in All programs to check which updates still require installing.

Niska
Visitor

Hi v.57 and Thalamus,

Thanks. I did find VAIO Update 3 application. For some raison I must have zapped its link when I did a big cleanup.

I did download some updates. Worked fine. But there is a pesty message about finishing manually an update and a link below the update list on Vaio Update 3 page: Click to DVD BD - version 3.0.20.17080

I did find a file in c:\update : SOACTB-01526802-UN.exe (about 16 MB)

but it refused to install. Apparently I don't need it.

Yet : "Click to DVD BD - version 3.0.20.17080" refuse to clear from manullay installed section of Vaio Update 3 page (even after deleting entries in C:\update

Any clue how to remove it?

Thanks in advance

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Niska

If you delete the manual updates from the C:\Update folder it could possibly cause the Finish the installation message to display.

Have you checked what version of Click to DVD BD is installed on your Vaio.?