Join now - be part of our community!

How to get help from SONY???

fierce
Visitor

How to get help from SONY???

Hi I had this problem as described down below but I have had no helpful hints and it is not resolved..so i still cant read stuff in my drive, even a regular copy of NORTON which i bought is not recognized!!! Does anyone know how i can contact a sony person to get help or to have it fixed under warranty?? Tx Mike

Previous post:
I suddenly have the problem that the DVD drive on my viao notebook does not seem to see some CD/DVD's that i insert. The F: just stays blank. Also going tru explorer to the F: drive and opening it will not give a result. When i put in the CD/DVD it will spin about three times and then go dead. These are CD/DVD's like 'pinnacle'' program which i just purchased locally, a promotional DVD from Lexus, A CD with software to hook up my cellphone etc. Funny thing is that other stuff still works, like i recorded WMC television programs with another computer on a DVD and it sees and plays it just fine.
I can also still hook up an external DVD player to the viao and run the software in that way so it really is the player, and not the computer that seems at fault (But i dont want to lug an external DVD player everywhere ofcourse)

Looking at device manager gives no exclamation marks or any hints of faults.

Any suggestions???
my notebook is a VGN SZ2HP_B and the drive is MATSHITA UJ-842D....

Mike

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

I would telephone. Contact information is here

Hope you get it sorted.