Join now - be part of our community!

how to post a message

fierce
Visitor

how to post a message

sorry sony, i am not a 13 yr old compu wizzard but why do these forums only cater to the versed and seriously involved? i just bought this computer and i tried to reply to a thread & posting but gotl ost in all the options, i can add smiles and go from 12 smiles to 60 smiles , do enhanced mode format, and change fontssizes, i came as far'as finding 'preview'at the bottom so i displayed my reply to a message on top.....and then there is NO button to hit which simply says 'POST' ...so all i could do is to redo everything and post my message about keyboard layout as a new thread instead of as a reply. I am sure there is a solution which i 'should'k now but i get so frustrated with having to invest time in finding out how things work rather then having a forum which is user friendly to the first time user.

6 REPLIES 6
drinkfeckarse
Visitor

You sound like a beginner to the internet, over time you will learn the tricks. You can't expect to know every thing!!

I bet it took a reading of the manual to program your VCR the first time!

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Hi there Mike and welcome to the forum. Don't worry, they don't come much less versed or seriously involved than me and even I got the hang of it eventually. Next to the preview button there should be a button saying 'reply to post'. This is the one you need to hit to get your reply in. It's just a case of getting familiar with the layout.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Well you seem to be doing alright, as you've posted that topic.

The forum is for everyone no matter what skill level, so don't be scared by posts which get technical.

A rule of thumb : the post button is always in the middle at the bottom, next to preview

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Aloha and welcome!

You're doing fine.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi fierce,

Welcome to Club Vaio,

You'll be fine and I'm sure you'll soon get the hang of it, hope you stick around...:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
mehboob1011
Explorer