Join now - be part of our community!

Sony vaio windows boost manager

profile.country.GB.title
Amy-lee
Explorer

Sony vaio windows boost manager

My sony vaio laptop had a heart attack today and came up with this screen.. I can not get out of it.. My "assist" button doesnt work because for some reason the vaio care was removed.. I do not have a disc and I have no idea how to fix this.. please help!! 

VPCCB windows 7 core i515587844465407546155313751415849.jpg

1558784474112262654626861722150.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Amy-lee,

Can you let us know the full product name of your computer? There should be more numbers/letters after VPCCB.

Thanks,

Ed

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Amy-lee,

usually with OEM windows you either get a disk with the computer or are prompted to backup the Windows-Installation-files onto a DVD or USB-drive when you first set up the computer.

If you have neither one, you can simply purchase the same windows installation you currently have cheaply from amazon and repair the install.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Amy-Lee

Is this a Sony Australia model? Anyway, you can download the original utilities like Vaio Care from here:

https://www.sony.com.au/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vpc-series/vpccb35fg?downloads-num=91

I think that to repair your Windows installation you could borrow a Windows Disc from anyone with one and run the ‘Repair Windows’ from Windows Rescue on the Disc. You do not need a license key for ‘Repair’. You will need a Windows 7 disc. It used to be possible to download a rescue disc free if you don’t know anyone with one - try Google.

You are pressing ‘ASSIST’ with the Vaio completely shut down?

profile.country.GB.title
Amy-lee
Explorer

The vaio doesnt work anyway so I don't know..  yes it's Australian.. It's off the assist button works but none of the other buttons do..  I WILL SEE  if a friend has a windows repair disc.. it's wiped everything off my external hard drive as well.. it went full spastic on me

profile.country.GB.title
Amy-lee
Explorer

Yeah I have neither.. I've had the laptop for a LOOOONG time though..  

profile.country.GB.title
Amy-lee
Explorer

VPCCB35FG 

profile.country.GB.title
Amy-lee
Explorer

*Image removed by a moderator.

REASON: The image showed the Windows licence-Key.

NOTE: Please don't share software licence keys online on a public forum!

1559433712144577302802589408854.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Do you know someone with a working Windows 7 operating system on their computer? If so, they can burn you a bootable windows repair disc from their computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17423/windows-7-create-system-repair-disc

Insert this disc in your Vaio and restart - your Vaio should boot from the disc and offer you a Repair Windows option.