Join now - be part of our community!

How to reinstall programs?

laclauz
Visitor

How to reinstall programs?

I've problems with Norton, and it says I have to reinstall the program,
but the program was pre-installated on the pc, so I don't have a cd.
Where can I found the files on the pc?
I have also a recovery cd with applications, but I don't know if this choice erases also my programs installated on C.
Somebody can help me?
thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi laclauz,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Unfortunatly you cant use the application disc to re-install Norton, as Sony do not make all programs available on the applications recovery disc for some reason, you would have to a system restore if you wish to re-install Norton.

Alternativly you could uninstall Norton and install a free firewall such as Zonealarm and a free antivirus such as AVG

Josh-2552
Visitor

you can contact norton and they will send you a cd. you will have to have as much detail on the product as possible, but it can be done:smileygrin:

laclauz
Visitor

Thank's a lot to everyone: I'm become crazy because here I don't have any cd program and it' s a problem reinstall everything.

thalamus: Do you think it would be better to use another program?
The links which you wrote are for the same page or I'm wrong?

josh: Do you know how many days it needs?

Josh-2552
Visitor

i do not know, sorry. i have norton, and ime going to get zonealarm when norton runs out; i was just suggesting a way of saving money :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

thalamus: Do you think it would be better to use another program?

Norton does use a lot of system resources, several members on here seem to favour Zonealarm & AVG. If you wish to purchase a firewall then Zonealarm Suite seems to very popular, Blencogo mentioned it was cheapest at Amazon.

The links which you wrote are  for the same page or I'm wrong?

:smileyd_oh: Oopps sorted the link now..:smileyblush:

Josh-2552
Visitor

just a q i neva got anserd, zonealarm's antivirus- is it up to scratch?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It's as good or perhaps a bit better than Norton. The main benefit is the firewall.

However, neither are as good as Kaspersky - but that is the same price for just the anti-virus (£28).

I think the ZA Suite offers a good compromise - I use it - but perhaps the best overall solution seems to be ZA (Free) firewall plus Kaspersky AV. Wait for the 2006 version of Kaspersky which is due out next month.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I've not used the AV, I use AVG