Join now - be part of our community!

How to turn off the LCD?

binru
Visitor

How to turn off the LCD?

My laptop is A397xp, I want to turn the LCD off when I sleep. However, I can not use Power Options Properties to turn off monitor, because in my computer, there is a running software and automatically move my mouse, as a result, it is useless to turn off using that way and I have already tried it.

It also can not use Fn+F7(change to another monitor), because I do not have another monitor which can connect to the laptop.

So, could you do help me and how I could only turn off the monitor during I am sleeping. Thank you very much!

17 REPLIES 17
binru
Visitor

Is there anyone could help me ?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Binru,

Have you tried this:
Right click on the battery icon in the system tray and select edit/create profiles. Double click on 'Lid Close Action' and select 'LCD Off'.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
binru
Visitor

Binru,

Have you tried this:
Right click on the battery icon in the system tray and select edit/create profiles. Double click on 'Lid Close Action' and select 'LCD Off'.

Hi, Now I am using "Plugged in" model. The difficult thing is when I sleep, I have to run one software and this software automatically moves the mouse arrow, so the laptop could not turn off the LCD through "Power schemes"

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I am not sure that I understand you ¿ it is still possible to edit the options in the AC profile. It is normally only standby that causes problems with mouse movements, not Close Lid Action.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
binru
Visitor

I am not sure that I understand you ¿ it is still possible to edit the options in the AC profile. It is normally only standby that causes problems with mouse movements, not Close Lid Action.

Maybe because I use AC power, there is no battery icon in the system tray. I just saw AC power icon.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Maybe because I use AC power, there is no battery icon in the system tray. I just saw AC power icon.

No, that is not the problem as I am using AC power and the Icon is there.
Click Start > All Programs and see if you can find Power Panel.
I am assuming that all models have this feature....

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
binru
Visitor

Is there any button I could directly close the LCD only. It like s monitor power button.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Sounds great Rich but how you regain the screen GUI ?

binru
Visitor

No, that is not the problem as I am using AC power and the Icon is there.
Click Start > All Programs and see if you can find Power Panel.
I am assuming that all models have this feature....

I follow your instruction, but I have not found Power Panel In the "Start -> All Programs", could you show me exactly where it is ,thank you !